HBA-DC values your input to improve the membership experience. We encourage you to share your thoughts on the benefits of HBA-DC membership that are meaningful to you. Feedback from a past member survey can be reviewed here.
There number of benefits that membership in the HBA-DC brings include the following:
- Subscription to HBA-DC's weekly newsletter.
- Access to HBA-DC's Job Board posts.
- Optional inclusion in our Spanish Speaking Attorney Directory.
- A discounted price for attendance at our annual Equal Justice Awards reception.
- The opportunity to participate in our various committees.
- Mentorship opportunities for law students and young attorneys.
- Invitation to our networking events.
- Invitation to our professional development workshops.
- Information concerning pro bono opportunities, many directed to assisting the Hispanic community.
- Special $50 discounted rate to join the Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA), a savings of $25-$100 depending on HNBA member status. (More details available at www.hnba.com.)
HBA-DC Lifetime members receive additional benefits for their lifetime support. The Lifetime membership benefits include:
- No annual renewal or lapse in membership.
- Bypassing any dues increases.
- Option to be listed as a lifetime member on HBA-DC’s Annual Report and the HBA-DC weekly newsletter the week you become a Lifetime member.
- Option to be recognized in a special HBA-DC website page.
- Equal Justice Awards (EJA) recognition.
- A 30% discount for EJA tickets (current member discount is 25%).
Lifetime member dues may be submitted as a one-time payment or via a payment plan of $400 every year for three years. We are currently accepting payments by check. They can be mailed to the following address, along with a Membership Form.
PO Box 1011
Washington DC 20013-1011
Questions about membership should be directed to Adam Acosta, VP of Membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org.